Sunday, July 13, 2008

Short-Attention Spanization Syndrome (SASS)

This blog, like many out there in the interwebs, has been dying a slow death due to one factor: I've joined the hoards of active Twitterers. The simple truth is that microblogging in abbreviated sentences of less than 140 characters and getting instant feedback is just so much easier than writing fully coherent, well-thought out blog posts that few ever read or comment on anyways. It's also a bit more fun and allows me to keep up with friends and colleagues in a far more interactive and effective way.

This is especially true since my work schedule has been beyond hectic for a while now and I don't even find myself with time to write up posts during my lunch break. But having said that, there is still a need for active blogs and I'm thankful so many smart librarians and other people with sharp wits and senses of humor and inquisitive minds continue to feed my ever-growing list of Bloglines subscriptions.

And despite my obvious shortcomings as a true library blogger, I'll continue to post to this blog those ideas and issues and thoughts about the world of distance librarianship that I deem of value or that may not be discussed in depth elsewhere by people far smarter than myself. I've always been short-attention span afflicted (SASA?) and Twitter feeds right into those inclinations, but I can occasionally crank out a few coherent sentences in a row.

No comments: